Food & Fund Drives
In-Kind Donations Support Valley Outreach
Whether it is a single can, or a bagful of food, every donation helps!
DONATE FOOD to Valley Outreach any Monday, Wednesday or Friday between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm, or Tuesday and Thursdays 9:00 am to 7 pm. Simply check in at the 1901 entrance to Valley Outreach and a volunteer will receive your donation and give you a receipt. Thank you!
View Google map to Stillwater location
View 5 most wanted items
The face of hunger in Washington County is changing. We may not see the effects of someone facing hunger first-hand, but the silent struggles they encounter are all around us. By hosting a food drive, you can help in the fight against hunger.
Host a Traditional Food Drive
There are so many ways you can host a food drive. Get together with people from your business, faith community, school, group or civic organization, or family to coordinate a food drive. Turn a celebration, like a birthday, wedding or anniversary, into a opportunity to help. You can host one at your location of choice or through our Online Food Drive.
Organizing an Online Food Drive
Our Online Food Drive is a way you can make an online donation in lieu of bringing an actual food item during the food drive. Giving to the Food Shelf through an online donation is quick and simple and you don’t have to remember to bring food items to the food drive.
Use the resource links below for more information and to ensure a successful and smooth eventHost a food drive in three easy steps
Helpful Resources for Your Valley Outreach Food Drive Garden Produce
- Contact Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org at Valley Outreach to express interest in hosting a food and fund drive.
- We’ll give you the information, tools and resources needed to host your food and fund drive or make an online donation through our Online Food Drive.
- Have Fun! We look forward to receiving your donation!
Valley Outreach gladly accepts fruits and vegetables from local gardens. Each item should be visually inspected for serious bruising, insect damage, and ripeness. Do not donate produce that you would not buy for your own family. If you used any pesticide on your garden, please take the time to clean each piece of produce. Thank you! Fresh produce is healthier than canned and harder for us to supply. We appreciate your contributions!
National and Community Wide Food and Fund Drives
The Food Shelf is funded by community contributions and grants. Three major fund and food drives are held each year in partnership with other hunger relief partners.
- Minnesota FoodShare’s March Campaign is extremely important because it provides the opportunity to receive matching dollars for all donations of food and cash.
- The May Stamp Out Hunger Drive takes place the second Saturday of May and is the largest food drive in the United States.
- Scouting for Food is one of the Boy Scouts of America’s best known national service projects and is conducted by virtually every Boy Scout council across the nation on an annual basis.
For additional information, please contact our food shelf/clothing closet manager at 651.342.5550, or by email at email@example.com