Feed the Valley 2014
2014 Cook's Challenge Winning Meal
Pork Roulade with Blueberry
Balsamic Reduction and Light Spinach Salad
1 Boneless Pork Chop
1 c Kashi Heart to Heart Toasted
Honey Oat Cereal
2 c Fresh Spinach
6 sprigs Fresh Thyme
1/2 c Frozen Blueberries, Thawed
10 T Clementine Infused Olive Oil
1/4 C Sweet Balsamic Vinegar
3 T White Balsamic Vinegar
1 T Butter
1 T Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Crush the cereal until it
resembles a fine crumb. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
2. Sauté 1 cup of spinach in 1 T
of clementine oil and season lightly salt and pepper until wilted and
dark green. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Flatten pork chop with a meat
mallet or with fist. For easy clean up, wrap in plastic wrap before
flattening. Lightly season both sides of pork with salt and pepper.
4. Spread pork chop with the
sautéed spinach and roll lengthwise so slices will be across the grain.
5. Heat butter and olive oil
in sauté pan over medium heat.
6. Carefully coat all sides of the
roulade with cereal crumb mixture. Place seam side down on hot pan.
7. Cook until it begins to brown,
rotate to next un-seared part, and repeat.
8. Cook until meat thermometer
inserted into center reaches 155 F
Blueberry Balsamic Reduction
1. Combine blueberries, balsamic
vinegar, and thyme leaves in a sauté pan over high heat.
2. Bring to a boil, then reduce
heat to medium-low
3. Reduce the mixture to
a thick syrupy consistency - BE CAREFUL NOT TO BURN!
1. Whisk 9 T clementine oil
and 3 T white balsamic vinegar together to create an emulsion (it will look
creamy). The proportion to oil and vinegar is 3 to 1.
1. Arrange remaining spinach leaves
on the plate. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
2. Slice the roulade across the
grain (on the bias) and arrange it in a fan shape over the spinach salad.
3. Drizzle blueberry reduction over
the top of the pork.
4. Viola! You've got a
delicious and beautiful plate!
2014 Feed the Valley Gallery