Donate and make a difference in our Community.
As a community-based, community-supported, privately funded nonprofit, we rely upon generous support from individuals, local area businesses, churches, schools, civic and community organizations, and charitable foundations to maintain our services and operations.
We accept many forms of donations
- Cash: Checks made out to “Valley Outreach”. If you wish to designate a specific program, please write the program name on the memo line of your check.
- Online/Credit Card Donations: Make a credit card or online donation through GiveMN.org.
Financial donations to our Valley Outreach Food Shelf go far to serve our neighbors in need. Through our food bank partners, Emergency FoodShelf Network and Second Harvest Heartland, we are able to purchase between 6 to 9 times more food per dollar than can be purchased through retail grocery stores. We spend an average of $6,000 each month to purchase food and other inventory to keep our shelves stocked.
Financial donations to our Emergency Fund provide emergency financial assistance to our neighbors in crisis. We currently are giving an average of $6,500 in emergency financial assistance to about 25 families. Because of funding limitations, we are only able to help about half of the families who seek our help when they are in crisis.
In-person donations are accepted in person during our following business hours.
- Monday: 10 am – 2 pm
- Tuesday: 5 pm – 7 pm
- Wednesday: 10 am - 2 pm
- Thursday: 5 pm – 7 pm
- Friday: 10 am – 2 pm
We no longer have 24-hour donation bins behind our building. Donations will only be accepted during the listed hours or by appointment. If you’d like to make an in person donation outside of regular business hours please call 651-342-5551 for the clothing closet or 651-342-5550 for the food shelf. Thank you!
We accept donations of the following items at our Food Shelf:
- non-perishable dry and canned goods
- baby food and formula
- diaper wipes and diapers
- personal care items (toothpaste/brushes, shampoo, soap, body wash, deodorant, etc.)
- household products (paper grocery bags,toilet paper, paper towels, kleenex, dishwashing liquid, laundry detergent, etc.)
We accept donations of the following items in The Clothing Closet:
- gently used, clean, quality men’s, women’s and children’s clothing and accessories for all occasions, for all ages, and in all sizes
Larger donations by appointment only. Please call (651) 342-5551 to make an appointment.
Because we have limited space, we cannot accept donations of used toys, stuffed animals, decorative items, electronic equipment, furniture, or baby equipment.
Please put your return address on all financial donations so that we can send you a receipt.
Gifts to Valley Outreach are tax-deductible according to IRS regulations.
For questions or additional information, email email@example.com or call 651-430-2739