The Clothing Closet
The Clothing Closet helps clients meet their critical clothing needs. The selection of clothing available for all ages gives clients the opportunity to ensure that growing children have clothes that fit, adults can dress confidently for the workplace, all individuals are warm and comfortably dressed in the winter months, and that all have access to the basic clothing needs of socks and underwear.
We provide clothing to about 100 families each month.
WHEN & WHERE:
Monday - Friday from 9:00 am through 4:00 pm
Valley Outreach - 1901 Curve Crest Blvd, Stillwater
View Google map to location
WHAT TO DONATE:Gently used, clean clothing and accessories are welcomed at our Stillwater location (1901 door) on Curve Crest Boulevard. We welcome the following items!
- Tops (sweaters, blouses, tank tops, non-branded t-shirts)
- Pants (jeans, slacks)
- Kids & Teen sized clothing of all kind
- XL-XXL sizes of all items
- Purses, belts, and scarves
- New-in-package socks & underwear (Check out our annual fall socks and underwear drive, Undie Week!)
- Winter wear (coats, boots, waterproof mittens/gloves, hats, scarves, snow pants/suits)
Get a sneak peek at what our volunteer sorters are looking for in the Clothing Closet donation bins!Help us get the right items to our clients when they need them. Donate seasonally! We welcome donations for all seasons throughout the year, but with limited storage space we are not always able to hold on to off-season items.
Our Food Shelf and Clothing Closet Manager Megan regularly updates volunteers on what to save when sorting clothing. This is a great way to know what our clients' immediate needs are! Our current top needs change often! Check back here to stay up to date on what we need for our clients.
CURRENT TOP NEEDS:
- Kid's sizes 4t-14,
- Teen boys and girls clothes,
- Men's clothes,
- Large sizes (XL-XXL+),
- New socks and underwear,
- Winter items
- Shoes of all sizes!
TOP NEEDS EACH SEASON:
|IN SPRING ||IN FALL|
|Shorts||Waterproof gloves & mittens|
|Skirts||Hats & scarves|
|Tank tops|| |
HELP US HELP THE COMMUNITY (FASTER!):
When making your clothing donations, please consider the following suggestions to help make our sorting process more efficient and streamlined.
- Bring clothing donations in containers such as bags, boxes, or totes (that you don't need back!)
- Remove items from hangers
- Remove any garage sale stickers or tags
- Please don't leave donations on the back docks of our building
WHAT NOT TO DONATE:
Help us be as efficient and effective as possible at supporting those in need by only donating items we distribute! We don't distribute the following items (and don't accept) the following items:
- Used socks & underwear
- Kitchen appliances
- Linens (blankets, towels, curtains, sheets or other bedding)
- Unwearable clothing (torn, stained, smelly, worn through, broken zipper or missing buttons)
Here are some organizations that welcome the items we can't accept!
- Stone Soup: Accepts small appliances, bedding and linens, furniture, books, dishes, kitchen items, tools, clothing, and toys. Located in St. Paul Park, MN
- USAgain Bins: Accepts clothing, shoes and household textiles regardless of condition (all those unwearable items!) Find a bin nearest you! Located at Len's Family Foods, Rutherford Elementary, Houle's Farm Garden & Pet and more.
- Two Fish Thrift Store: Accepts games, puzzles, books, movies, CDs, household items, dishes, clothing, and cookware. Located in New Richmond, WI
- Goodwill: Accepts books, small electronics, furniture, and clothing. Located in Oak Park Heights, MN