December 21, 2020
Donation Hours: M/W noon to 3 p.m.
We are so grateful for your donations! Right now we have limited donation hours on Mondays and Wednesdays from noon to 3 p.m.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept drive-up donations outside of these hours – especially during our client service hours. We’ve seen a significant increase in the use of our services, up more than 40% over last year, and we need our team and volunteers to focus on serving people who come to us in need of food.
Supporting our community is the reason Valley Outreach is here.
Here are the full details about donating to Valley Outreach right now:
We’re focused on getting people the clothes they need now and as efficiently as we can. Help us help our community by following these guidelines for clothing donations:
- Please bring up to two bags (or boxes) per vehicle of in-season, clean, like-new clothing and new, in-the-package socks and underwear. At this time, we can’t accept more than two bags or boxes.
- We won’t accept loose clothing. This includes items on hangers or in bins that you may need back. We also won’t accept any items that are not wearable.
- Donations are accepted Monday and Wednesday from noon to 3 p.m. Please ONLY donate during these times. We are unable to accommodate donations at other times due to our building being closed. Don’t leave donations outside our building.
We’ll also accept shelf-stable, non-perishable food items (especially the items on our Top 20 in 2020 list) and fresh garden produce. We cannot accept other perishable, refrigerated or frozen items.
Below are the three easy steps to make drive-up, no-contact donations.
- Pull your vehicle up to the back of our building.
- Donation attendants will guide you to the drop-off station for clothing and/or food.
- Please follow instructions from the donation attendants and signs to safely donate. If you’d like a receipt, they will be available.
We appreciate your understanding and support as we’ve had to make a number of adaptations this year to ensure we are safely interacting with the community and prioritizing our clients’ needs.