We’ve missed the many and varied interactions with the community while our building was closed to the public. We have a lot of exciting things to share about new expanded hours and our building opening up – so we hope you’ll read this full update.
Starting Monday, July 12, our expanded hours will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. and Tuesday and Thursday from 1:30 to 6:30 p.m. People are welcome to continue to come as often as they need to for food, clothing, and services.
Over the past year, we’ve gathered feedback from our shoppers and learned a lot from our pandemic response to create a better shopping experience. We are going to continue to adjust to make it easier to shop, too. Community members will be able to shop for food three ways:
- Shop inside our food shelf – Select produce, dairy, protein, pantry staples, and personal care items based on your needs.
- Drive-up and order curbside – Similar to our current drive-up food distribution process.
- Delivery – Call us to schedule delivery to your home (651-430-2739)
If you’ve shopped or volunteered in our food shelf before, you’ll notice the following changes since your last visit:
- We expanded our food shelf and have new coolers/freezers so we can offer more food and variety to our shoppers. Over the next few months, we’ll be painting, installing new fixtures and signs to make it easier to shop. Please bear with us as we continue to remodel.
- Community members will be free to shop our food shelf at their own pace without a volunteer partner.
- We’ll reliably have in-demand foods in stock all the time – cereal, at least 9 varieties of fresh produce, eggs, milk, a variety of frozen meats, and pantry items.
- For many items, families can take as much as they can use. If there are suggested quantities to take for specific items, that will be clearly shared.
- Shoppers are welcome to come as often as they need food.
- Our clothing program, StyleXchange, was open less than two weeks before we closed the building in response to the pandemic. We are happy to welcome shoppers back – to pick their own clothing items and can come as often as needed. The shopping process will be simplified as we get back up and running.
- Our inventory is seasonal and constantly refreshed, if we don’t have what shoppers are looking for, they are welcome to come back any time.
- If shoppers prefer having a volunteer select clothing for pick-up, we’ll continue to offer ordering through an online form.
Client Support Services
- We are here to help because we know systems for support can be complicated. We understand them and help people navigate them!
- We will continue to offer our simplified check-in process. If community members need help checking in, we’re happy to assist.
- If you’d like to meet with a staff member in person, need help, or have questions, just let us know when you are here or call 651-430-2739
- We will continue to accept donations at our back loading dock. We happily accept non-perishable food, garden gleaned produce and gently used clothing donations. (For a full list of accepted donations go to www.valleyoutreachmn.org.)
- Please only drop items off during our scheduled donation times.
We hope these changes make it easier for clients to shop, plan their food budget and receive services and the streamlined donation process makes it easier for donors. Our community