Valley Outreach welcomes donations of new and gently-used, in-season clothing for everyone in the family.
Thank you for considering donating clothes to Valley Outreach. We welcome donations of new and gently-used, in-season clothing in every size for every family member.
Clients shop for high-quality clothing, free of charge, through our clothing program, StyleXchange. Please bring donations in during our drive-up donation hours.
Drive-up donation hours:
Monday: 9:30 – 11:30 am
Tuesday / Thursday: 1:30 – 6:30 pm
Simply follow the signs and volunteer directions and drive through around the back of our building to our first loading dock.
What Clothing to Donate
Help us get clothing from the back door to the StyleXchange floor as fast as possible by donating in-season clothing! Our volunteers and staff carefully inspect every item of clothing to ensure it’s in good shape, clean and in-season – if it’s not, we may need to discard it. We have limited warehouse space to store out of season inventory.
April through September
Examples include: Shorts, sandals, tees, light jackets, tennis shoes, summer hats, polo shirts and new, unworn swimsuits
October through March
Examples include: Warm coats, sweaters, snow pants/suits, snow boots, waterproof gloves & mittens, hats and scarves
Host a Drive
Thinking about organizing a giving/donation event for StyleXchange? Right now, our clothing program is most in need of spring and summer gear for the entire family. Examples include: Shorts, sandals, tees, light jackets, tennis shoes, summer hats, polo shirts and new, unworn swimsuits.
Check out our tool kit for guidelines for hosting a successful drive and to get started – linked below! If you have questions, contact Debbie at [email protected] or call 651-342-5569.
- Bring clothing donations in containers such as bags, boxes, or totes that you don’t need back. We cannot accept loose items, or items on hangers.
- Remove any garage sale stickers or tags.
- Recycle rags and unwearable items through a city recycling program.
- We cannot accept donations outside of the posted hours and location. (e.g., at the front desk, in StyleXchange store, on Mondays/Fridays, outside of our open hours.)
- Please wait in your car – a donation attendant will come to assist you. (Do not come into the warehouse.)
- The donation attendant may do a brief inspection of your items before accepting them.
- We reserve the right to refuse donations that do not meet our guidelines.
Donations We Cannot Accept
- Anything that cannot be worn as clothing
- Unwearable clothing (torn, stained, smelly, worn through, broken zipper or missing buttons)
- Accessories (sunglasses, watches, jewelry, etc.)
- Makeup and toiletry samples
- Used socks & underwear
- Housewares (picture frames, seasonal decorations, dishes, etc.)
- Linens (towels, blankets, curtains, pillows, sheets, bedding, etc.)
- Media (DVDs, VHS Videos, CDs, etc.)
- Baby furniture and equipment (cribs, car seats, strollers, etc.)
- Small or large appliances
- Furniture (sofas, chairs, tables, etc.)
Other Organizations That May Welcome Items We Cannot Accept:
- Goodwill : Accepts small battery-operated electronics, books, sporting goods, vehicles, bikes, and furniture in good condition. Located in Oak Park Heights and Woodbury.
- Savers : Accepts linens, small furniture, media (books, CDs, DVDs), knick-knacks, exercise equipment, and toys. Located in Woodbury.
- Bridging : Accepts furniture, small appliances & electronics, and artwork. They will pick it up for a fee.
Helping With Clothing Donations
It’s easy to donate clothing to Valley Outreach. Simply swing by our drive-up during donation hours. If you have questions about hosting a clothing drive, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or give us a call at 651-430-2739.