Valley Outreach welcomes donations of new and gently-used clothing in all sizes for the entire family.
Our clients shop for high-quality clothing, free of charge, through our clothing program, StyleXchange. Please bring donations in during our drive-up donation hours.
Drive-up donation hours:
Monday: 9:30 – 11:30 am
Tuesday / Thursday: 1:30 – 6:30 pm
Please follow the signs and volunteer directions and drive through around the back of our building to our first loading dock.
- Bring clothing donations in containers such as bags, boxes, or totes that you don’t need back. We cannot accept loose items, or items on hangers.
- Remove any garage sale stickers or tags.
- Recycle rags and unwearable items through a city recycling program.
- We cannot accept donations outside of the posted hours and location (ie: at the front desk, in StyleXchange store, on Mondays/Fridays, outside of our open hours)
- Please wait in your car – a donation attendant will come to assist you. (Do not come into the warehouse)
- The donation attendant may do a brief inspection of your items before accepting them
- We reserve the right to refuse donations that do not meet our guidelines.
What Clothing to Donate
- Tops (blouses, button downs, tank tops, non-branded t-shirts)
- Pants (jeans, slacks, leggings)
- Dresses, blazers, and fashion jackets
- Select accessories (purses, wallets, belts, scarves, hats)
- New, in-package socks & underwear
Seasonal Spring/Summer (April through September)
- Shorts, skirts
(October through March)
- Winter coats
- Snow pants/suits
- Snow boots
- Waterproof gloves & mittens
- Hats & scarves
What We Don’t Accept
- Anything that cannot be worn as clothing
- Unwearable clothing (torn, stained, smelly, worn through, broken zipper or missing buttons)
- Accessories (sunglasses, watches, jewelry, etc.)
- Makeup and toiletry samples
- Used socks & underwear
- Housewares (picture frames, seasonal decorations, dishes, etc.)
- Linens (towels, blankets, curtains, pillows, sheets, bedding, etc.)
- Media (DVDs, VHS Videos, CDs, etc.)
- Baby furniture and equipment (cribs, car seats, strollers, etc.)
- Small or large appliances
- Furniture (sofas, chairs, tables, etc.)
Other Organizations That May Welcome Items We Cannot Accept:
- Stone Soup : Accepts small appliances, bedding and linens, furniture, books, dishes, kitchen items, tools, clothing, and toys. Located in St. Paul Park, MN.
- Two Fish Thrift Store : Accepts games, puzzles, books, movies, CDs, household items, cookware. Located in New Richmond, WI.
- USAgain Bins : Accepts clothing, shoes and household textiles regardless of condition (all those unwearable items!) Find a bin nearest you! Located at Len’s Family Foods, Rutherford Elementary, Houle’s Farm Garden & Pet and more.
- Bridging : Accepts furniture, housewares, small appliances & electronics, and mirrors, artwork & pictures. They will pick up for a fee.
- Goodwill : Accepts small battery-operated electronics, books, sporting goods, vehicles, bikes, furniture in good condition. Located in Oak Park Heights and Woodbury.
- Savers : Accepts linens, small furniture, media (books, CDs, DVDs), knick-knacks, exercise equipment and toys. Located in Woodbury and supporting the Epilepsy Foundation of Minnesota.
Helping With Clothing Donations
It’s easy to donate clothing to Valley Outreach. Simply swing by our drive-up during donation hours. If you have questions about hosting a food drive, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or give us a call at 651-430-2739.