The holiday season is almost here and it’s a great time to support Valley Outreach. People in the community are experiencing substantial need which makes your support even more crucial. Here’s how can you help!
Winter Clothing Drive: Warm Hearts, Warm Bodies
As the temperatures drop, our thoughts naturally turn to staying warm and cozy. Unfortunately, not everyone has the means to bundle up in the face of the bitter cold. Valley Outreach has been a lifeline for those in need, and last winter, we distributed 1,051 adult winter coats and 728 kids’ winter coats to individuals and families in our community.
This year, the need is expected to be even greater. The winter chill can be unforgiving, and we can all play a role in making it a bit more bearable for our neighbors. Here’s how you can contribute:
- Organize a Drive: Consider organizing a local clothing drive at your school, workplace, or in your neighborhood. Collect winter clothing items and donate them to Valley Outreach. Download our drive toolkit!
- Clearance Racks and Sales: Now is the perfect time to hit the clearance racks and take advantage of holiday sales. Many retailers offer significant discounts on winter clothing items they gear up for the season. Consider picking up an extra coat or two for Valley Outreach during your shopping trips.
- Spread the Word: Encourage your friends, family, and co-workers to join the cause. Let them know that their small contributions can have a significant impact on someone’s life.
- Monetary Donations: If shopping for clothing isn’t your forte, monetary donations are always welcome. Valley Outreach can use the funds to purchase winter gear for those in need.
Food Drive: Filling Hearts and Plates
The approaching holiday season brings thoughts of warmth and togetherness. But for many in our community, putting food on the table during the holiday season is a challenge. Here’s how you can make a difference:
- Organize a Food Drive: Much like a clothing drive, you can organize a food drive in your community, school, or workplace. Collect non-perishable items and ensure they reach Valley Outreach. This time of year, we have an increased need for cooking and baking essentials in particular. Download our drive toolkit!
Donate Non-Perishable Foods: Canned goods, pasta, rice, and other non-perishable items are always in high demand. Check your pantry for items to contribute.
- Holiday Essentials: Consider adding holiday cooking and baking essentials to your donation. Things like flour, sugar, spices, and festive ingredients can help families enjoy a traditional holiday meal.
- Financial Support: Monetary donations are also greatly appreciated. They allow Valley Outreach to purchase fresh food items and meet specific needs in the community.
This season, let’s come together to make a positive impact. By hosting a Valley Outreach drive, whether it’s collecting winter gear or stocking up on essential food items, you can help ensure that everyone in the community has a little extra warmth and sustenance.
Remember, it’s not just about the items you donate; it’s about the hope, comfort, and reassurance you provide to those in need. Let’s make this season a little brighter for all.