Valley Outreach welcomes donations of food, personal care items and household paper products.
Valley Outreach welcomes donations of non-perishable, unopened food items all year long and fresh garden produce during the summer and fall. We also need personal care items, feminine hygiene products and items for baby (diapers and wipes) to distribute to our shoppers. Please bring donations during our drive-up donation hours.
Drive-up donation hours:
Monday: 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Tuesday / Thursday: 1:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Simply follow the signs and volunteer directions and drive through around the back of our building to our first loading dock.
Top Food Shelf Needs
- Cash: $25 cash donation goes a long way in purchasing food
- Spices and Oil: Salt/pepper, garlic, cumin, cinnamon, salad dressing, condiments, olive oil
- Canned Meats: Tuna, chicken, salmon, sardines
- Grains: Pasta, whole grain pasta, rice, quinoa, couscous
- Household Paper Items: Paper towels, toilet paper
- Shelf Stable Items: Whole grain, hot or cold, kid-friendly cereal and ready to eat soup
- Hygiene Products: Soap, shampoo/conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes, diapers (sizes 5&6), tampons, maxipads
Host a Drive
When you host a drive for Valley Outreach you help feed hungry people and provide other necessities to individuals and families. Some groups like to focus their drives on specific needs.
Check out our tool kit for guidelines for hosting a successful drive and to get started – linked below! If you have questions, contact Caleb, Food Program Manager, [email protected].
Host a Food Drive for the MN Food Share March Campaign
To help meet the rising need for help, Valley Outreach is participating in the Minnesota FoodShare March Campaign again this year.
All financial donations between Feb. 27 and April 9, 2023 will be eligible for a proportional match from GMCC (Greater Minneapolis Council of Churches).
Use our new tool kit and a special campaign flyer linked below to get started. GMCC also has flyers and images specific to the March Campaign available for download.
- Sort through your donations before bringing them to Valley Outreach; do not donate open items or expired food items.
- Donate your cleaned and sorted garden gleaned produce; if you grew it, we can accept it as a donation. (Bring your extra squash, peppers, zucchinis, and tomatoes our way!)
- Do not donate frozen foods or perishable items you didn’t grow yourself.
Learn More About Hunger in Minnesota
Doing Good Together – Making a Food Drive Really Count
Helpful information for families and kids in discussing issues of hunger and ways to take action.
Hunger Solutions – Winning Minnesota’s Food Fight
Learn more about hunger issues in Minnesota and ways to support change.
SuperShelf – Transforming Food Shelves to Bring Good Food to All
Learn more about the innovative work being done in Minnesota to improve access to healthy food in our food shelves.
Helping with Food Donations
It’s easy to donate food to Valley Outreach. Simply swing by our drive-up during donation hours which is at the back of our building. If you have questions about hosting a food drive, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or give us a call at 651-430-2739.