Valley Outreach welcomes donations of non-perishable, unopened food items all year long and fresh garden produce during the summer and fall. Please bring donations during our drive-up donation hours.
Drive-up donation hours:
Monday: 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Tuesday / Thursday: 1:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Please follow the signs and volunteer directions and drive around the back of our building to our first loading dock.
- Sort through your donations before bringing them to Valley Outreach; do not donate open items or expired food items.
- Donate your cleaned and sorted garden gleaned produce; if you grew it, we can accept it as a donation. (Bring your extra squash, peppers, zucchinis, and tomatoes our way!)
- Do not donate frozen foods or perishable items you didn’t grow yourself.
Top Food Shelf Needs
- Cash: $25 cash donation goes a long way in purchasing food
- Spices and Oil: Salt/pepper, garlic, cumin, cinnamon, salad dressing, condiments, olive oil
- Canned Meats: Tuna, chicken, salmon, sardines
- Grains: Pasta, whole grain pasta, rice, quinoa, couscous
- Household Paper Items: Paper towels, toilet paper
- Shelf Stable Items: Whole grain, hot or cold, kid-friendly cereal and ready to eat soup
- Hygiene Products: Soap, shampoo/conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes, diapers (sizes 5&6), tampons, maxipads
Host a Food & Fund Drive
Every day in Minnesota, more than 9,000 people visit a food shelf to get help meeting their daily food needs. When you host a food & fund drive for Valley Outreach you help feed hungry individuals and families. We have the resources and tools to make your food drive a success. Contact [email protected] to get started. Some groups like to focus their drives on specific needs. Below are some special kit ideas that may be a great fit for your drive!
Learn More About Hunger in Minnesota
Doing Good Together – Making a Food Drive Really Count
Helpful information for families and kids in discussing issues of hunger and ways to take action.
Hunger Solutions – Winning Minnesota’s Food Fight
Learn more about hunger issues in Minnesota and ways to support change.
SuperShelf – Transforming Food Shelves to Bring Good Food to All
Learn more about the innovative work being done in Minnesota to improve access to healthy food in our food shelves.
Helping with Food Donations
It’s easy to donate food to Valley Outreach. Simply swing by our drive-up during donation hours which is at the back of our building. If you have questions about hosting a food drive, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or give us a call at 651-430-2739.