Starting Monday, April 18 shoppers will be able to select the time they want to come to the food shelf or StyleXchange. A few weeks ago, we received more than 200 responses to a survey of our shoppers to learn more about their experiences with parking and wait times. The information people shared helped us develop our new shopping by appointment model. Our goal is to make it easier for shoppers to reliably plan their time and not have to wait for a long time once they arrive. We work hard to manage our inventory to ensure everyone has access to a good selection of high-quality food and clothing, so anytime is a good time to come to Valley Outreach.
- Valley Outreach offers appointments three days a week – Monday (9:30 to 11:30 a.m.), Tuesday, and Thursday (1:30 to 6:30 p.m.)
- And walk-in shopping one day a week – Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
What’s not changing?
- We welcome anyone who comes to Valley Outreach in need of food, clothing, or other resources.
- Donation hours will stay the same.
- Drive-up orders and pick-ups will be available during Appointment and Walk-in Hours. No appointment is needed for Drive-up orders.
- Valley Outreach will remain closed on Wednesday.
It’s easy to schedule appointments online.
- Go online to valleyoutreachmn.org/client-info
- Click the Schedule Appointment button
- Select the type of appointment you want (e.g., food only, clothing only, or both food and clothing)
- Choose the time that works for you
- Click submit. That’s it! We’ll see you at your scheduled time.
Follow these guidelines to shorten wait times for everyone:
- Arrive at Valley Outreach at your scheduled time. (Due to parking limitations, we ask that you do not arrive early.)
- Appointments are scheduled in 15-minute blocks of time. Your shopping will begin within 15 minutes of your appointment time.
- Only schedule one appointment at a time.
- If you are bringing others to shop, each person must schedule an appointment at that time.
- We are unable to accommodate walk-in appointments. Walk-in service hours are available Fridays from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Drive-up ordering and pick-up are also available during all service hours.
We invite folks to email [email protected] or call 651-430-2739 with questions.